Sunday, October 23, 2016

KLEM FM


This post was inspired by Troop's earlier one about UFO's and also the one on the Bermuda Triangle. I thought the lyrics made explicit reference to the Bermuda Triangle, but upon listening, it references a strange, strange pond in North Carolina. What's up with that? Anybody? Sixty?

lyrics after the jump


It's the same kind of story
That seems to come down from long ago
Two friends having coffee together
When something flies by their window
It might be out on that lawn
Which is wide, at least half of a playing field
Because there's no explaining what your imagination
Can make you see and feel
Seems like a dream
They got me hypnotized
Now it's not a meaningless question
To ask if they've been and gone
I remember a talk about North
Carolina and a strange, strange pond
You see the sides were like glass
In the thick of a forest without a road
And if any man's hand ever made that land
Then I think it would've showed
Seems like a dream
They got me hypnotized
They say there's a place down in Mexico
Where a man can fly over mountains and hills
And he don't need an airplane or some kind of engine
And he never will
Now you know it's a meaningless question
To ask if those stories are right
'Cause what matters most if the feeling
You get when you're hypnotized
Seems like a dream
They got me hypnotized

4 comments:

The Dude said...

Sadly, I listened to that song - I really can't stand Fleetwood Mac. I should have just read the lyrics - and a few searches lead... nowhere. If anyone knows what the flock the song writer was referring to, they are not saying.

However, there are some very strange lakes in NC - Lake Waccamaw is the largest example in the Bladen Lakes group. They are known as Carolina Bays, and the ones that are situated in places like Croatan National Forest are pretty darned difficult to reach. But I have no idea if that is what is referenced in that song.

There is also The Devil's Stamping Ground over in Siler City. I assume that's where Andy Griffith was conceived.

Also, I learned that one-of-a-kind species are known as endemic species. How about that...

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

I was in Home Depot yesterday and on the Muzak they played "Rhiannon" and then immediately afterwards "Sentimental Lady."

I felt the urge to start talking to somebody about it but I quickly fought down the impulse and was glad that I did.

I am a recovering know-it-all.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

I had no idea that was a Fleetwood Mac song. No idea.
It sounds like early Parsons project or maybe Jefferson Airplane.

Weird.

chickelit said...

AprilApple said...

I had no idea that was a Fleetwood Mac song. No idea.

Christine McVie's background singing is the only clue.