Saturday, September 10, 2016

Respect.



911 has faded into distant memories for many people. It has become a joke. Something to poke fun of and satirize. Which is par for the course. You see it all over the place. At the recent roast on Comedy Central there were a lot of jokes about a comedian whose father died in the Towers. This commercial. People making Halloween costumes with barbies jumping out of windows.

I was not old enough for Pearl Harbor but when I went there I tried to show some respect. If I ever get a chance to visit the site of the Holocaust I think I might be respectful of what happened there. You don't have to be old enough to experience something to have a modicum of understanding of how it effect other people. I like an outrageous joke as much as the next guy but this commercial was just about as bad as it gets.




Every year it is hard as we get closer  to the anniversary. My father in law was a fireman for twenty years. He went to a score of funerals. We went to several. Mostly of the sons of guys he was on the department with back in the 1970's. Kids my wife used to know from the picnics and family events the firehouse used to throw. Contemporaries. The FDNY has never fully recovered to this day. You can see it in the eyes of the guys who were there. Many of them have retired by now. Along with a lot of the cops and Sanitation guys who worked on the pile and got the accompanying health problems. New York is still paying the price.

I just hope and pray that no one else in America will have to experience anything similar. I hope that our new President will take steps to prevent it. By vetting the people who come into our country. By throwing political correctness out the window and profiling the people and the ideology and yes the religion that lead to the murder of 3,000 innocent people on that beautiful September morning. That is what this election is about. Not emails. Not names of Middle Eastern towns. Not pay for play. Not Mexican judges. Not any of that bullshit.

Protecting America from the mutts that want to kill us.

2 comments:

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I suppose a good ass kicking might help, but I hope San Antonio shoppers just shun that store till it goes out of business.

The joke was more stupid than offensive, but it was way stupider to air that ad.

Karma.

AllenS said...

Well said.