Thursday, July 28, 2016

"Uber driver returns $3,000 to passenger who left wallet behind"

ABC11.comJose Figueroa went to O-Hare International Airport to pick up a man who had just emigrated from Ukraine.

Figueroa took him to a home in west suburban River Grove. Later, he realized the man left his wallet, which has $3,000 inside.

That's when Figueroa remembered the man said he had sold his business and that cash was all he had.

"I mean there was temptation. I'll be honest with you. But me being a Christian, I couldn't. I wanted to make sure I sleep good, so that's what i did. I returned the money and the wallet," Figueroa said.

He went back to the home where he dropped his passenger off. The man's sister was there. When she saw him, she started crying.

They both insisted Figueroa stay for dinner and gave him $100 as a thank you.

6 comments:

ricpic said...

This is why the removal of The Ten Commandments from our schools was such an unmitigated disaster. There's no reason this should be newsworthy and in societies where absolute prohibitions - THOU SHALT NOT STEAL - were instilled in young children it was an everyday occurrence that OF COURSE you return a misplaced wallet. Like our society before the "triumph" of secular humanism.

Jim in St Louis said...

What a nice story. I’ve only used Uber when travelling and I’ve never had a bad experience yet. Friendly and courteous drivers seem to be the rule.

You don’t have to read the 10 commandments in school to know that stealing is wrong- secular humanists have morals too.

Leland said...

Heck ricpic, I'll simple take the Golden Rule. Alas, we treat each other like assholes and then wonder why the lack of civility.

edutcher said...

Classy.

There are lots of good people out there, but the media wants everybody to live in the same Lefty gutter as they do.

MamaM said...

I like the part where they insisted the driver stay for dinner.

rhhardin said...

It seems unremarkable to me.