Wednesday, May 25, 2016

forest background chevron scrim

I don't know what I am doing so this model is trial to find out what I might be doing. I think that I need a thick forest and that can be drawn or painted. For fake out added dimension theaters use scrims. Set designers paint the usual background then suspend a thin see-through curtain in front of it with the same elements sewn onto it, or painted onto it. Sometimes two. The technique works well with things like trees. This is the same idea in paper pop-up form.

It's put together backwards because I still don't know what I'm doing. Were I to make, say, ten of these things, then I'd have the pattern and the process would be reversed. But this is how the model happened to see if the effort is worthwhile, should say, is happening.





2 comments:

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

It's like the ending of Macbeth

edutcher said...

Nice effect.

Birnam Wood doth come to Dunsinane.