Saturday, May 21, 2016

blue morning glories



[Share your thoughts by writing a product review.

Millions of eBay shoppers thank you for helping them make better buying decisions - and so do we!

Morning Glory- Ensign Blue- 50 Seeds - 50 % off sale]

Ssssh, I'm busy.

The kid at the corner bodega wondered why I asked for tiny paper cups. He pointed in the direction of a surprisingly good selection of cups. "Starting seeds." 


This is the first time that I killed the dirt with heat. I'm tired of things growing out it unintended. I've had my whole place taken over with white flies. 



These will grow rampant and take over the entire railing. I'll give half away and that's it for blue. But I'd also like to have red, so I bought more seeds for red and this whole thing will be repeated. 

Looking for red ones I came across a page asking about blue ones. 
"I've been thinking about getting high with morning glories, I know that blue ones are best but which type of blue ones are best?" 
What? 

It turns out the seeds of morning glories are used to get high. [morning glory, get high]

Imagine an eBay review. "The vines took over, love the flowers, good service, but the high was a bummer. Buy Heavenly Blue seeds instead." 

6 comments:

Jim in St Louis said...

I do not recommend. You can certainly get intoxicated, (heavy on the toxic), more like a sick feeling than a trip.

Dad Bones said...

I agree with Jim In St Louis but they're still inspiring to look at when the sun rises and opens them up.

Dust Bunny Queen said...

Morning Glories are pretty, I suppose, if you keep them contained. Otherwise they are invasive pests. I'm still trying to kill the little buggers that are in my vegetable garden area. They smother everything. I hate them.

Dad Bones said...

They're like livestock. They need a fence from which they can't escape.

Steg said...

I've seen them around 'no parking' type of signs along our residential neighborhoods. Nothing there for them to choke and nowhere to go, and it looks nice.

I'm moving out of NJ in July, so I am not doing a garden this year. :(

I will still plant the public garden between the street and the sidewalk- but my friend who lets me use his property is trying to sell his house and there is no guarantee the garden will stay. I say whatever, if it stays- good. IF not, oh well.

virgil xenophon said...

@DBQ/

In the days before ac just post WW II in the late 40s they were a god-send. My parents lived in faculty housing on campus which was nothing more than old tar-paper covered Army barracks made into three apts each. We had an end one (Apt 30A) that saw the kitchen and dining/living area exposed to the western afternoon sun. Were it not for the morning glories which covered the two windows (one strings up twine from stakes and affixes it just above windows so the plants will travel up each runner and cover the window, but allowing a breeze/fresh air to get thru) we would have roasted to death. It was bad enough enough as it was..