Wednesday, April 6, 2016

presidential

I saw Cruz give something akin to a victory speech, or an encouragement speech when he 20 percentage points ahead and polls still open. I put it on mute. I was taken how his face shines. I looked at reflected light where features come to a point, edges of his nose, chin, even lips are pointed as if his whole face is scrubbed excessively with abrasive exfoliant and buffed with industrial equipment. I thought, "Man, his face sure looks presidential, classically presidential. His face is already an oil painting by Gilbert Stewart. The picture here doesn't show the startling burnished quality of his face the television showed tonight but here's the idea.


I learned something. When I searched [powdered wigs] it shows costume wigs to buy that are pure white and it shows oil painting powdered wigs that are not. It could be the white in the oil painting turned brown. However sometimes the subject is also wearing a white shirt and the contrast between shirt and white powdered wig shows the wig to be not so pure white. 

12 comments:

rcommal said...

I always have enjoyed the things "wot" you made then ate, and this is no exception, Chip Ahoy: snapshots and all.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Ted has a propensity to drone on and on.

edutcher said...

Presidential?

Looks a tad lumpy. Presidential is chiseled, bold - Andrew Jackson, Thomas Jefferson.

Christy said...

Could be tobacco stains. Have you noticed the front white hair of heavy smokers is tinged brown/blond? I've tried all kinds of shampoos and conditioners on Mom's hair to no avail. They advertise the products as "silvering," but not so much.

deborah said...

Only his hairdresser knows for sure.

ricpic said...

President Cruz would be uglier than President Washington and that's going some.

William said...

I watched Ted Cruz give his wife an extra special hug and kiss last night on the podium. (For a politician, the podium is a far more sensitive erogenous zone than the pudenda.). Not since Al Gore smooched his wife at the Democratic Convention have I seen a warmer, more insincere display of affection. Donald Trump is frequently obnoxious, but he is never that patently phony.

virgil xenophon said...

At some angles Cruz looks amazingly like a younger LBJ--another Texan..

edutcher said...

Not a good thing.

PS Somebody noticed a patch on Heidi Cruz arm last night.

Unless she's a smoker, we could be looking at the answer she suddenly went back home.

Trooper York said...

Heidi Cruz is the "Good Wife."

ampersand said...

The wigs English jurists wear look a yellow grey . They also look dirty and itchy.

I second what Virgil said, Cruz is as ugly as LBJ.

edutcher said...

Trooper York said...

Heidi Cruz is the "Good Wife."

So were Elizabeth Edwards, Hillary, and Lee Hart.

Remember when Willie Whitewater was exposed as having lied about Monica and Richard Armey was asked if he'd have resigned rather than try to weasel it out?

"I'd never have the chance because be lying on the floor in a pool of my own blood with Mrs Armey standing over me saying, 'how do I reload this damned thing?'".