Thursday, March 10, 2016

"Complaint over loud 'boom box' music..."

"...leads to 5-woman brawl on Spirit Airlines flight"
The two intoxicated women blasted music from a "boom box" on board the Spirit Airlines flight Wednesday morning from Baltimore to Los Angeles. When passengers complained, the loud-music lovers held the boom box in the air.
But what played out so beautifully when John Cusack did it in "Say Anything" hit a sour note in real life high in the skies.
Authorities say five women got into a brawl on Spirit Flight 141 before it landed at Los Angeles International Airport.
Spirit Airlines spokesman Paul Berry said several other customers asked the women to turn down the music, but the women refused. Instead, the women posed a challenging question: “What are you going to do?”
“Then to provoke the other customer they were holding up their boom box in the air, waving it around,” Berry said.
That’s when a second group of passengers approached the two women and a fight started, he said. (video)

9 comments:

bagoh20 said...

"What are you going to do?"

Wait for you to be arrested. Enjoy it. I will.

Trooper York said...

I can't get the video to play.

But it was a flight from Baltimore?

Those Orioles fans are all assholes.

ricpic said...

I notice that none of them were wearing an elegant A-line dress from Bonwit Teller.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Baltimore to LA. Long flight.

Synova said...

Lem... totally off topic here but, I need to write a short birthday greeting in a card and I'd like to do so in spanish. Just "Hope you have a great day!" or something very similar. I'm being pointed at translation links but I'd like something friendly and colloquial and it seems to me that translating "Hope" and "you" and "have" and "a" and "great" and "day" is just... wrong.

The lady who's having the birthday doesn't speak English at all and she knows I don't speak Spanish. It's just a greeting in a card and so far two people have written Feliz Cumpleanos.

Chip Ahoy said...

"I hope you have fleecy compiled Ann yos. "

I could help with a pop up of a dog that says, "have a day that's good and hard like a bone"

That should warm their heart.

"¡Es asombroso!"

"Un año más y su corazón continúa thumpa thumpa thumpa"


Synova said...

I don't trust you, Chip.

Titus said...

I had to fly Spirit Airlines over Chirstmas one year in order to get home from O"Hare. My delta flight was cancelled and this was the last airline flying to Boston that night.

The airline is totally ghetto.

When I asked if there was any water Tenisha said to me, what do you think this is some fancy airline like American?

sigh.

ampersand said...

How are you let on an airplane with a boom box? Can Ahmed board with his Ka-boom box?