Thursday, February 18, 2016

Jarred Allen rides off into the sunset.

Twitter video shows Jarred Allen actually riding off on a horse.


Touching comments follow.

I think you can appreciate this more than I do.

I learned who this man is from the video. Isn't that sick? That's how impervious I am to certain things battering my shell. Knowing who this man is should have been impossible to avoid yet I managed avoiding knowing until just now. I miss a lot, a very good deal.

And the whole 20 seconds I was thinking, "I had a coat like that." It was the worst coat ever. Hot as can be in subzero weather but only three loose buttons to clamp the thing shut. Cannot ski in it. Bulky and boxy. I'm glad it's gone.

Also, that sun has set. I've been real big on sunsets lately. I could have done better. It's timing. You gotta have the crew, the horse, the equipment, everything ready. The time lapses show you've got several minutes that are best of all with several more good minutes on each side of the best of the best for that day, say twelve to fifteen minutes max. There is a range of good sunset gleams on the horizon available over several minutes and this crew missed the whole range. Too bad. Could of had an actual sunset. 

What we have here is Jarred Allen riding off into the sunless gray, but other than that a very nice farewell video.


4 comments:

Lipperman said...

I think he missed an important step.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

thanks for filling in Chip. I was out filling out employment applications. Many many forms.

I'm Full of Soup said...

Hell of a player. He must be beat up physically to retire now because I think Carolina has a good chance to go back to the Super Bowl next year and Allen has never won a Super Bowl.

AllenS said...

Best to retire from that game when you can still get around without a lot of pain.