Monday, November 2, 2015

"EMT suspended for trying to save choking girl"

"Qwasi Reid, who works for Assist Ambulance, was transporting a nursing home patient last Wednesday with his partner when he said they were flagged down at a red light by a frantic man who told them that a student was choking. Reid said his partner, who was not reprimanded by the company, told the man they already had a patient and there was nothing they could do."
Reid, who has driven ambulances for four years, said he knew the choking girl took a priority over the transport, and against his partner's urging, jumped out of the ambulance's back door and administered first aid to the girl, who he said had already turned blue. No one at the school was rendering first aid, he said.
"I don't regret it," Reid, who said he is suspended without pay, told FoxNews.com. "I'd do it again. If I know there's a child choking, I'm going to do my best to help her."
Video at the link

5 comments:

bagoh20 said...

And if he didn't help her and she died, would he get a bonus? "Great job letting that girl die. That was a close one."

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

No good deed...

Methadras said...

This is an upside down world ruled by lawyers and the political elite, with their SJW lap dogs in the media and academia as their shield. Bravo America, you've produced nothing short of plausible deniability perfection.

Christy said...

Many years ago in downtown Baltimore I stopped suddenly at an intersection for an ambulance and the car behind me didn't. The ambulance stopped for me although I assured the EMTs I was fine and they needed to get on with their call. They told me that by law they had to stop at an accident they came upon and dispatch another ambulance for the original call. Different rules in different jurisdictions, I guess.

WWIII Joe Biden, Husk-Puppet + America's Putin said...

We can't have people thinking on their own. Gotta fill out Rodham bureaucracy paperwork first.