Thursday, November 5, 2015

Aboard the 'Jeb Can Fix It' bus

"Fifteen years after John McCain rolled out his Straight Talk Express campaign bus, Jeb Bush unveiled his own tricked out version, hoping to revive his flagging fortunes with a McCain-like dose of frankness and free-wheeling banter with the campaign press corps.

The unvarnished chats with small groups of reporters accomplished one thing: They revealed a humbled, good-humored candidate well aware of his difficult predicament. Yet they also made plain Bush’s frustrations with the business of running for president — his low regard for the political press, his frustration with the debate process and with opponents whom he views as too unaccomplished to be seeking the White House.

...As much as anything else, Bush's interpretation of the Straight Talk Express is showing him to be a political realist — a candidate who understands his flaws and acknowledges his precarious position.
“I’m not crazy," he said. "I have enough self-awareness to know I’m in the middle of the pack. But I know how to get where I need to be.”

Bush repeatedly pinned his hopes on the fact that New Hampshire voters are notoriously late deciders in presidential primaries. Right now, he said, “they’re speed dating.” He expects that when it’s time to vote in February, he’ll be in a better position in polls.

Though he largely declined to dissect his political rivals, Bush paused when asked about Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, a protégé who has surpassed Bush in recent polls. He noted that Rubio and other senators running for president have failed to “change the culture in Washington.” He noted that among Rubio, Ted Cruz and Rand Paul, only two combined bills had been passed. But he insisted he’d support Rubio or one of the others if he's beaten to the nomination.

“Marco’s a gifted politician. He’s earned his position. You don’t get to be a United States senator without being responsible for your success,” he said.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/jeb-bush-2016-republicans-bus-215533#ixzz3qahrcXiM

------------

I predict a comeback. This article is part of it. Read the full article to capture the...I don't know...whimsical cynicism in the Bush quotes. The image of a political cartoon kept popping up in my mind.

6 comments:

WWIII Joe Biden, Husk-Puppet + America's Putin said...

He needs a last-name transplant. Amigo.

ricpic said...

Read my lips redux.

Trooper York said...

Murphy's Dead Dick will come back before Jeb Bush.

Amartel said...

"I'm not crazy."
"I'm not a crook."
"I'm not a witch."

=

"I'm not winning nor will I ever win."

Titus said...

I am troubled. Every time I go into the dumper at work someone has left little, or sometimes big presents.

All they need to do is do a second flusher.

I am tempted to put up signs on top of the crapper.

Today one of the turds was big, had some hair around it, and also some blood-it was slowly dissolving-disgusting.

I almost took a picture of it and posted it on the cafeteria bulletin board.

tits and muscles.

deborah said...

We'll find out...