Thursday, October 29, 2015

"When having someone follow you in their car..."

"... let them lane change after you start signaling. That way, they can let you in and you don’t risk getting separated."

Reddit top comments...
when someone if following you in their car, let them lane change after you start signaling. That way, you can lane change in the other direction and lose them more easily.
Whenever I see these posts it makes me wonder why people don't just give out addresses and let the other person use their GPS.
THANK YOU!!! I need to have 10 cars follow me tomorrow and I had no idea what I was going to do!
LPT - don't ever let someone follow you or follow someone else. Make sure each party has the directions.As an EMT, we routinely had family member tell us they would follow us to the hospital.
NO.
I cannot tell you how many times we had people follow us and would run through a red light because it was yellow when we went through. I do not want to be responsible for someone getting into an accident because they feel they have to mimic every lane change and turn I make. People get into a strange tunnel vision when they are trying to follow another vehicle and some how forget traffic laws and ignore all other cars on the road.

3 comments:

Chip Ahoy said...

You cannot follow an EMT? What a bummer. They got the siren, the flashing lights, they force everyone else over, everyone stops for them, lights change for them, or they run them, come on! You gotta let the poor suffering family member follow. It's their one tiny spark of fun in the whole thing.

The last time I was taken from here by gurney and into an EMT vehicle, (by a woman! They're just that tough around here). From inside I could hear a siren behind us. A half block away another emergency vehicle. I asked the EMT lady inside sticking a needle in my arm (that would never be used, another needle in the other arm was used for transfusion, so TWO needles in both arms unnecessarily for 24 hours, but I seem to have digressed) I asked the woman EMT person inside the blockish vehicle, "Are those sirens for me?"

"No. That's something else."

"Goddamnit."

"Why be potty mouth?"

"Because all this trouble and I'm not even the center of attention. I don't get the lights and the sirens and nobody gets out of our way. It's the only fun I could have out of this."

"That other person is not so lucky as you."

"Oh."

ricpic said...

This reminds me of the "follow me up" man. My family was on the road and at some point my Dad had taken a wrong turn on the way to XYZ town and we were completely lost. Anyway, we stopped at some store to ask directions and a guy with a strong immigrant accent said "No problem, I take you there, just follow me up." So that's what we did, we followed his car through what seemed like endless twists and turns and every now and then he'd slow down and we'd come up alongside and he'd smile and say "We almost there, follow me up." No scary end to the story, he did lead us to XYZ town. But for no particular reason that became a family legend, the legend of the "follow me up" man.

rcocean said...

I thought this was going to tell me how to lose someone trying to tail me. How disappointing. Maybe Nick can tell us. He's a PI.