Saturday, October 10, 2015

Great Moments in Mets History Volume 1

May 14, 1975 Shea Stadium Press Conference
"Hello. I am M Donald Grant Chairmen of the Board of the New York Metropolitan Baseball Club. We are gathered here today so our right fielder Cleon Jones can apologize to the people of New York. As you know he was discovered nude in a van down by the river with a woman who was not his wife. He is here to apologize publicly to me, the ball club, his teammates and most importantly the fans. Oh yes his wife too. Cleon what do you have to say for yourself."
"I is sorry. Berry berry sorry."
"Is that all you have to say?"
"What else do you want boss? I's sorry."
"Well I guess that will have to do. What can you do with these types. They can't all be like Wayne Garret. Ok that's it. I have to get on the phone. I have some stupid trades to make. Plus I have to make pancakes for Mrs. Payson and shave her hobbit feet."

No comments: