Saturday, September 5, 2015

"Stuff that doesn't suck: Pat and Party Cat"

"I was coming back from Born Free in California, and we had made it to Nevada," Pat told us. "I was at this truck stop getting gas, and this little guy just needed help. He was pretty badly burned, so I picked him up and tucked him inside my vest. We're feeding him regularly now, so he's doing better, even though he's sort of living on the road until we get home.


"He's been eating tuna fish out of those dry-foil packs you can buy, and his burns are pretty much all healed up except for the little spot on his lip. He's so chill. He just hangs out in my vest when we get on the road. I've never met a cat so calm." (read the rest of the story here)

1 comment:

AllenS said...

Now for a sad cat story:

I have a cat that gave birth to 4 kittens. They're still kinda small, but they look healthy are getting around ok. A couple of days ago, mom was nursing the kids and I noticed that she is missing a huge chunk of fur and flesh on the right side of her throat. It's an area about 2 inches in diameter! I don't know if she was shot, or one of the local coyotes grabbed her. She seems to be doing ok, but yuck!