Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Marsha makes soap

Two women are making soap outside. The senior stern woman softens as the video progresses and as the list of chemicals lengthens the attentive and able but taciturn sous chef ably assists. It is a strange set up, the uniform dresses and bonnets, other young women and girls are shown besides, the concrete platform surround by water, the little creek, the noisy birds. It looks like a sect. One wonders what is going on and how such women exist. By looking for an online store for the soap one notices this video garners a lot of attention and respect.

Twenty minutes of soap-knowledge put to you.

11 comments:

Michael Haz said...

Last Saturday I was served a slice of strawberry rhubarb pie made by a Mennonite woman. It was heavenly.

In fact, if they offered a second slice, I'd probably have converted on the spot.

AllenS said...

My grandmother used to make our soap. Large pans of it. I was embarrassed when other kids used to come over and wash their hands and ask what kind of soap was it. I wanted store bought soap that smelled good.

chickelit said...

I knew an eccentric guy in Madison who made soap from used motor oil. It worked and cut grease, but it smelled like...motor oil.

I'm thinking perhaps it could be marketed to gearheads.

I filter and burn my used oil as diesel fuel.

Aridog said...

I had a Granny Aunt who made lye soap. It'd peel the skin off a Rhino...but you were clean...even if almost bleeding. Hated the stuff when I visited. None the less I still keep a bar of Fels-Naptha at our kitchen sink...not quite as bad as Granny Auntie's. I also carry a small half bar of Fels-Naptha whenever in the wilderness areas...works well on poisonous plant oils you may contact if you use it and drain it off correctly.

Sydney said...

They look like nuns.

Trooper York said...

Unfortunate juxtaposition with the post directly below it. Just sayn'

Aridog said...

Piss off , Lem.

Aridog said...

You want to explain or discuss, use my email...unlike most of your fans I actually have a public Blooger profile...don't bother here. One TOP is enough.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

What is this about Aridog?

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

ok, i'm emailing you.

Aridog said...

Lem ... and I have responded via email. Thank you for your inquiry off line.