Saturday, August 8, 2015

"Target Removes Gender Labels From Kids Sections After Complaints"

As guests have pointed out, in some departments like toys, home or entertainment, suggesting products by gender is unnecessary,” Target said. “We heard you, and we agree. Right now, our teams are working across the store to identify areas where we can phase out gender-based signage to help strike a better balance.”
In June, Ohio mom Abi Bechtel called out Target’s gender designations in its toy aisle. She posted a photo to Twitter that showed store signs for “Girls’ Building Sets” next to regular “Building Sets.” The outcry was swift, with angry shoppers calling for change.
“It stood out to me as a good example of the way our culture tends to view boys and men as the default, normal option and girls and women as the specialized option,” Bechtel told CNN at the time.
Without signs I'm completely lost. It's a good thing I don't have kids of my own.

5 comments:

bagoh20 said...

I find the name "Target" to be a violent trigger. They should change the name immediately to "Drool Pillow".

I apologize for using the word "trigger". It is itself a violent thingy.

I apologize for using the word "violent". It is itself a thingy thing.

I should just say that I feel bad about stuff. I want some milk.

Shouting Thomas said...

My grandkids don't buy this.

They are voluntarily into the traditional sex roles and they know what toys they want.

Bleach Drinkers Curing Coronavirus Together said...

THis is a really important issue.

I was wondering when someone would say something about it.

Actually, I wasn't.

edutcher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
edutcher said...

Like Amazon getting rid of the Confederate flag or some town taking down its Christmas display because some professional Lefty is "offended".

Love to see all the "offendeds" shipped to San Fiasco 10 minutes before the San Andreas Fault gives way.

And boys will act like boys and girls will act like girls all on their own unless some psychotic Leftist forces them to do otherwise.