Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Hillary Clinton's SnapChat joke

Video at USA Today. For reference. You've seen it. Hillary jokes about liking Snapchat because the messages disappear. She's received a good deal of criticism for making light of a subject so serious.

I've seen bits of the clip repeatedly and each time I'm compelled to imitate her and by imitating her, by studying the snippet and copying her, I realized she's not real. To imitate her one must first become unreal. A marionette in Team America compares nicely, the head motions are not quite steady, the focus uncertain and unnatural, the speech synthesizer's dodgy programming is evident by her halted presentation and with no sense of comic timing, actually, no sense whatever of humanity. By imitating her and trying to nail the imitation given the few seconds but repeated one takes up her point of view and by taking it up one becomes a bit stoned. It feels like that. I think she's drugged, and I think that because I nailed an imitation of her and that's what it feels like to do it. It feels like her whole world dissolving and she's been given drugs to calm her nerves that allowed the speech to be delivered, allowed a public presentation, and this is what happened. I think we are watching her campaign fall apart. The pressure is getting to her.

4 comments:

ndspinelli said...

This is a superb, focused, post.

I'm Full of Soup said...

I hope you are right Chip. To be rid of the Clintons - how great would that be?

Aridog said...

If DOJ doesn't prosecute and convict her I will no longer have any faith in "justice." Others, such as Gen Petraeus have been, among many others, some in jail as we speak, for lessor crimes. Have we really already gone to hell in a hand basket? Why do most of us still obey the law? I may skip that sooner than later if she gets off. Why does Obama still seem to support her? She will trash him the first chance she gets. I once said if the candidates were Hillary & Trump, I'd not vote...that's changed now...I'd vote Trump in a heartbeat over Clinton. Just cannot be worse.

Aridog said...

Another reason Trump is beginning to get to me is that IMO he's the only candidate who just might yank a not in the bloated bureaucracy's butt...they run the country no matter who is POTUS until and unless a POTUS acts to diminish them. Hasn't happened yet. Doing so would be very unpopular politically, but that doesn't seem to bother Mr Trump. We might actually get some new people in high places instead of those who went to Washington DC in their 20's and never left, except for lobbying jobs, then returned as the tides turned. Both Hillary and Dick Cheney are in the category of life-timers I refer to...Cheney in Nixon's West Wing and Hillary advising the committee seeking to impeach Nixon. Ic short, they have more in common than different.