Thursday, August 6, 2015

Godzilla


Turns out to be theme song to original Godzilla. It is surprisingly good for what I took to be a silly monster sci-fi movie. The whole song shows this picture.



Oh? It's forty minutes. It says 1954. Now that I'm listening it sounds metal and electronic noise. Microphone on the shopping cart for specifically grating sound of newly heard monstrous roar not quite metallic, not quite organic, leitmotif footprints turned into music, anxiety turned into sound. Western instruments and western styling, low as bass horns go with piano forte banging. 

I'm convinced. 

Small matter, 1954 is 61 years ago, not 70.

3 comments:

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Something else happened seventy years ago...

Amartel said...

Boom.

Methadras said...

As a fan of Gojira, I applaud this. However, I still prefer the Blue Oyster Cult version. :D