Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Sixties Sitcom Subtext Theatre



"Hello Sid. It's Sammy. Look I can't make the gig tonight at the Fontainebleau. Yeah something came up. I am out here with Tony Nelson. No not Tony Bennett. Tony Nelson. The astronaut. He set up something for me here. Yeah a three way. I mean a trio to play for the boys here on the base. You know I love the army guys. What....yeah air force. Whatever. Anyway I will see you tomorrow."
"Great let's go back to my house."
"Yes Master. Just one question?"
"Yes Jeanie?"
"What if I want to run for President someday?"
"That's funny Jeanie. A woman president. There's a better chance a black dude like me could get elected president. Never gonna happen."
"I guess you are right Mr. Davis. Let's go."
"Cool."

3 comments:

ricpic said...

Mai Britt...paging Mai Britt.

Methadras said...

A young Barbara Eden brings back many fond memories.

rhhardin said...

Get Smart was the only decent comedy series.