Monday, June 22, 2015

Best salad ever

No dressing. Just lime juice to protect apple and avocado. I discovered this by accident and laziness.


If your avocado and your mango are too hard then just forget the whole thing. 


Psych.

The first time mine were on the way out. Everything was. Expecting the worse I ate it anyway and it turned out to be great. A little salt at the table, that's it. 

Can you use something else? No!

I meant to say, of course. Avocado for its heaviness, its oil, something for crunch, something tart, something citrus. You know, mix it up. 

Not banana. Too soft, turns black. Eh, what the heck.
I was thinking kiwi will work and so would fresh pineapple.
Watermelon.
Things that are easy.
I always consider some kind of fresh chile.
Jicama doesn't have any flavor, just texture.
A jar of pecans is sitting right there.
I would like a tomato

cilantro
basil
mint




2 comments:

chickelit said...

Fresh-squeezed lime juice is a favorite ingredient in cocktails.

ndspinelli said...

I make an avocado mango relish w/ lime juice, and shallots. I serve it w/ grilled fish. Always a hit; taste, texture and color wise.