Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Someone Like You, ASL

Sung by Adele, one of her hits. I played it for a friend and he said, "Doesn't do anything for me." I played another. "Still doesn't." He dismissed her just like that. The video will not display here due to controls put on it. The video has a quarter of a million views and that is unusual for this type of thing and six hundred very nice comments and that is unusual for YouTube.

The interpreter is a beautiful woman, brianaott, and she does a beautiful job with this song. I noticed she did the other songs on the album too. 

For the phrase, "I wish the best for you too." She interprets I wish success for you both. 

For the phrase "Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead" She chooses to drop the concept of "instead" or any exchange of this for that, and brings "pain" to her breast.

"I heard that you settled down" is interpreted colloquially "I gathered gossip." 

success

instead


hear

gossip (two "g's" chattering)

When she first heard the story, she believed it. 
("story" looks like "join" or "relationship" except it's pulled apart.) 

MP4 files from handspeak.com




1 comment:

ricpic said...

What does a deaf person get out of a song? I suppose that's an insensitive comment but I don't get it.