Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Discover the Networks

Please update your site you appear to be dead in the water. I found Discover the Networks a few years ago and thought back then, "Goodness now here is a thorough obsession." It appeared to me complete and I spent hours there learning such things about people as to make my head spin. Terrible things. Now, going back to it I find the site incomplete.

* It does not have and entry George Stephanopoulos and I quadruple checked spelling, Stephano-po-ulos. Not there.
* No entry for Candy Crowley and I double checked spelling, Crow-ley. Not there.
* No category for "revolving door" career arcs that pass through campaigns, administrations, and media.
* No category for "marriages" between politicians and between media and between politicians and media. And you know what happens with inbreeding.
*No category for "mong offspring" inflicted upon the body politic. And regular offspring operating within a guild system, both politics and media as family business. There is no category "family business" for  politics nor one for media. I can pick on FOX for two examples that come to mind. It's legal. It's not particularly corrupt. But it's insular and I just don't like it. Chris Wallace and Peter Doocy. I don't care how good they are at what they do. Why must we have them? Why must we bear with them? These two honestly couldn't find anything else to do. And the network honestly couldn't find anyone better? It is indulgence. Chris certainly indulged his weeks-long eulogy to his father as if his passing itself was that newsworthy and we all that interested for that long and then that indulgent presentation of corporate nepotism is network history. They both do well from what I've seen, they had better, the problem is both their Dads worked at the same place and that's the only reason they were hired before others. It's a natural development that people marry within their spheres and that children sometimes follow their parent's professions but it's not good for us.

No comments: