Saturday, May 30, 2015

cartoons on Powerline

PowerLine published a page full of collected political cartoons today. The post began reasonably enough, "the week in pictures: liberal crack up edition." I expected actual photographs of news events it took me awhile to catch on they are not all about this week and not all current. They begin incisively then peter out to things like this:


Yeah, funny. There is not much I can do with that but the thing that gets me is how the man's face, the rounded semi-sphere shape of the entire mouth with a horizontal line drawn through it and two little hooks on each end remind me of a chimpanzee mouth and how I would spray paint that *pssssssst* one centered spray for the whole mouth the shape of half an orange except pink. And that's what I see as the essence, everything happens around that, like this:  


2 comments:

ricpic said...

The guy can't get laid because he's a beta. At least that's what I read on all the hip sites. A mother-in-law would still love to have him as her son-in-law but her daughter, that's the problem.

And I agree that his mouth and the parenthesis lines around it are the indicators that he's a nice guy. If that's what Chip is saying. Hey, I'm trying, that's gotta be worth sump'n.

Chip Ahoy said...

I didn't think anything about the guy being beta or getting laid. None of that is part of my thinking. I don't even think the text on pic is funny. Nor much about his message. The only thing I thought is the shape of his mouth appearing round in the photograph and the horizontal line and how I would approach drawing that with spray paint. He seems a nice person.