Friday, April 3, 2015

Demented crack addict Indiana State House Representative accuses 18 month old of racism

I changed the headline a little bit.

This occurred during a debate that became heated about the recent religious freedom bill that they liked before they decidedly didn't like it, and here let me mention this habit of keeping one's spouse guessing about what sets you off, keeping them always off balance and always on guard for your irrational explosions and incoherent demands, consistent only in its sanctimonious self-regard, is what abusive spouses do. They do this habitually before divorces and other tragic outcomes. It signals derangement. But that's a given, as theses types by gravity have collected themselves into a political party and this is a political item.  "Help, I'm pooled here and I can't get out." This sort of thing comes out of a crack addict's mouth. Here is Vanessa Summers:
“I love his little son, but he’s scared of me because of my color — and that’s horrible.”
Yes, that is horrible. You're actually as state representative. Say you're sorry right now. Oh, that's right, you're deranged, and Democrat, and office holder, and social justice warrior, and minority and all that means never having to say you're sorry.

The story says people gasped and groaned.
“It’s true. And that’s something we are going to work on. I asked him please, ‘Introduce your child to some people of color so he won’t live his life as a prejudice person.’ I would like for you all to not vote for this bill.”
And he said, "Fuck you, racist." Psych! He said no such thing.

Kids do that. Man, I have a photograph that's really embarrassing. Somebody has it. It's been in the battleship gray painted box forever. One of my sibs has it. We're all lined up on the sofa but Jimmy is not yet born, so four of us in a row two boys and two girls in a row, by age, by size, dressed like little white kids. Like four little overly groomed dolls lined up.

Mum hired a photographer to send photographs of us to Dad. He was missing a critical point in all of our development. She wanted to show him what we look like. We are dressed up, hair combed, groomed like Easter or going to church.. Barry is all, "Who are you? Why are you here? Is that your camera? Does it take color? Where did you come from? How did you get here? Do you have your own car? Did you take a taxi? Did you ride a bus Is your camera expensive? Can I see through it? How do you know mum?" He's only five years old and he's full of questions totally engaged with the new character who suddenly appeared in our home, I'm next to him dressed as his twin in our white yacht pennate shirts, short pants and white leather children's shoes with my head leaned over comically on his shoulder sucking his energy like a goddamn little energy-vampire. I remember that moment decades ago even though I was four because it was so strange having a GIANT FUCKING MONSTER MAN INVADING OUR HOUSE.

He was a white guy. And I was four. Imagine how I would have reacted at less than half that age and that scary bitch came up on me. Yeah, you'd have to work on training having the kid around big scary racist representatives. But then I was a strange little kid and the embarrassing photo really does pretty much prove it.

The article says,
Most parents of young children will immediately recognize the behavior of McMillan’s young son as simple shyness, typical of that age, and usually overcome with time.
McMillan said his toddler “reacted the same way he reacts with anybody brand new, he buries his head in his dad’s shoulder. Whoever it is, it’s what he does. He’s an 18-month-old kid; he’s in a new environment up here in the place like the Statehouse but doesn’t know anybody. I honestly don’t remember anything out of the ordinary.”
Really? It wasn't just me? Well, now I don't feel so bad. Odd, parents will recognize behavior in their children but not recall  it in their earlier selves nor see it in embarrassing old photos of themselves. They need children to remind them they did the same thing.  Dollars to doughnuts white and black  people alike scared the piss out of miniature two-year old future representative Vanessa Summers. Few are so precarious as brother Barry that day whose energy I drew off. Has she no children? Has her inner child died?

I didn't even watch this. I expect it's unseemly.


17 comments:

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

My sister's two year old is just starting to talk.

I would be surprised if an 18 month old could talk.

Maybe an Indiana 18 month old can ;)

WWIII Joe Biden, Husk-Puppet + America's Putin said...

She would frighten me. Not because of her skin color, but her inner bad juju.

WWIII Joe Biden, Husk-Puppet + America's Putin said...

McMillan said his toddler “reacted the same way he reacts with anybody brand new, he buries his head in his dad’s shoulder. Whoever it is, it’s what he does. He’s an 18-month-old kid..

No way! The little brat is a racist, through and through.

bagoh20 said...

Racism is judging or treating people differently due to the color of their skin. She is clearly a racist.

The guy answered her questions with facts and examples which meant absolutely nothing to her. She didn't ask the questions to learn or get answers. They were rhetorical. She has no use for facts. All she needs to know is the color of your (or your baby's) skin to know your soul and read your mind.

AllenS said...

She represents people who think like her. That's why they vote for her. The problem runs deeper than this crack addict.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

It reminded me of the "racist dog" in Curb your Enthusiasm.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

(1) Last night's The Big Bang Theory had a bit where Leonard and Sheldon are driving in a car and Sheldon relents and lets Leonard turn on some music. Hilarity ensues.

Hilarity and a kind of brilliant apotheosis of Sheldon's man-child shtick. Not bratty Sheldon, but perceptive Sheldon. Hans Christian Anderson smiles.

(2) Speaking of Christianity, I'm now listening to What's So Great About Christianity by Dinesh D'Souza. He starts off on the wrong foot, IMHO, with a cartoonish description of the atheist position and with a tone that I'd like to call "demagoguery-lite."

But that kind of sales pitch seems to be normal for these dark times in which we live. I see it everywhere, for example, all over TOP, like an infestation of virulent mold, and even in this post by Chip, a man I very much admire.

The problem is mine and I'm working on it.

(3) I mean not to flatter myself when I say that Mr. D'Souza would probably classify me as a "seeker" as he uses the term, if I heard him right. I was driving through an intersection at the time and I was partially distracted.

Frankly, I think there are a lot of people out there who profess to be good Christians who aren't nearly as moral or as ethical as many agnostic/atheists of my acquaintance.

But let's not go there. The hypocrite thing is way beyond tedious.

(4) Happy Good Friday, everyone!!!

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

As an aside, the “Whites Only” stickers “on Texas storefronts” to which Summers refers were not put there by White racists, as she asserts, but instead by a Hispanic immigration attorney, Adam Reposa, who admitted to the disturbing vandalism this past week. Yet another thing she got wrong.

That guy should be prosecuted.

Trooper York said...

Why are African American female politicians always so dumb?

Shelia Jackson Lee.
Eleanor Holmes Norton.
Cynthia Mc Kinney.

Where are the Shirley Chisholms or Babara Jordan's?

William said...

Did it ever occur to her that she has the burden of behaving in a soothing and non threatening way around a eighteen month old infant? Check your black victimhood status when dealing with infants.....This is a statement that should be roundly mocked, but it won't get much play. Black victimhood like white privilege is a frequently unearned status.

Amartel said...

Obviously the accusation of racism against a toddler is absurd but there's something else that deserves comment and that is the complete absence of reason in this lady's presentation. She's a state rep and brings jack shit to the proceedings other than "I'm black." That's her entire contribution and she seems to believe that's significant. She was given several examples of why and how the RFRA works to protect religious beliefs, and across racial lines, and her response is (1) people are being racist in Texas [which they are but just not in the way she thinks] and (2) this guy's toddler doesn't like me because of my color. The end.
DROPS MIC AND WADDLES AWAY BRIMMING WITH RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION AND MORAL SUPERIORITY.

Tubby useless prejudiced uninformed moron ... OUT!

(Loving the older lady clerk side-eye in the background.)

Trooper York said...

I would tell her to just stick to making pancakes but that would be racist.

chickelit said...

The dingbat is accusing based her on personal experience but there is evidence that both white and black babies racially discriminate: link

Whoopty shit

chickelit said...

Personally, I think there should be a moratorium on charges of unilateral racism. And social opprobrium should also reject the notion that reverse racism is harmless merely because of minority status.

Leland said...

Racists are born that way, you can tell by their skin color. Just ask anybody who uses the word "privileged" in a sentence.

ricpic said...

It's realism not racism to be on guard around blacks.

Chip Ahoy said...

But Lem, some dogs really are racist.

A black gent told me some dogs freak out around them, I looked incredulously, and the other gent goes, "yup."

Another dog, this happened a couple times actually, singled me out for mistreatment and barky-abuse and gnarling and showing of teeth which is dog language, any breed, for, "wut da fuk you DOIN' WIF DAT STICK? "

So I kneel to the ground, I'll need the stick to get up, and set down the threatening weapon and allow my soothing voice to assuage their doggy stick-related fears, there, there now pretty doggy you're so vigilant and loyal, now just SHUT UP.

They're stuck in canine pre-teen development.

When you track domestic dog development from puppy to adulthood across the template of wolf development you see domestic dogs stuck as teen pups psychologically, the barking indicates this, only wolf pups bark when they are confused, domestic dogs are always confused, they're stuck at that level. Their bodies go on to adulthood, of course, by they will always be children. Wolves are not.

Where was I? Oh yes. Sometimes dogs are stupid and confused and racist.