Monday, March 9, 2015

peace be upon him

In comments on another site a person wrote, "Obama, (piss be upon him)..." three times in one short comment. I stopped reading comments right there thinking, "I made a card expressing that sentiment a long time ago." But nothing to do with Obama, somebody else was in mind.

The cover makes the common conflation of peas with peace. There is no reason to have a pile of cooked peas for a cover. It is not decorative.


The first page shows a guy on the background rock climbing and nearly at top with another pop-up guy already up there unzipped pissing on him.




The stream is gold string a female realtor gave me to use in cards, so I did.

That's two goofs on the word "peace."  Second page:


Third page:



I never sent it. The card languishes in a drawer. Ditching the peas and the piss, later versions of the third page put a sheep in the pond for "peace be a pond ewe."




My older brother told me this card tickled the shit out of him because it is completely senseless. He never did met a pun he didn't like. He's the kind of guy who delivers groaners with heavy pauses and insists on recognition for them. He'll jab you with his elbow, "Get it? Get it?" He wasn't accustomed to seeing bad ones presented with such displaced confidence. That is what's so massively stupid about it. To go though so much effort to be so stupid. The whole thing put him in stitches. 

Another version that also never was mailed:



I still haven't given it up. I still like the sheep and I still like the groaning pun. The pond ewe is likely to show up again as a random page in another card.

6 comments:

ricpic said...

"Piss on you" only works if spoken by a Frenchman.

Amartel said...

Enjoy whirled peas while visiting the International Piss Park a/k/a Glacier National Park meets Canada's Waterton Park. In this context, "international" means it's in both Canada and the US and thus is "international" (though the parks are administered separately, I guess to maintain "peace" in the park).

William said...

Never has such artistry and delicacy been used to bring life and beauty to a bad pun.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

CLASSIC PUNCH LINES # 482: "But I do like peas, just not enough to eat them."

WWIII Joe Biden, Husk-Puppet + America's Putin said...

I like the Peace Bee.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Pun alert:

One guy says... "If you're a male from 30-50 years old you can stop acting like you don't want the #AppleWatch because we know you do."

other guys says... "gotta take out an iLoan to afford it."