Monday, February 16, 2015

linear face


Straight up, I do not know anything about Brian Williams although I am familiar with him and I did recognize his voice. I would not have been able to place his network. Having him thrust upon my awareness and now paying attention, I am struck foremost how disjointed his face. It's silly, I know, but I cannot let it go. It interferes with everything because I keep wondering, how did his face get like that? He looks like he's been punched. Really hard. His face is actually segmented distinctly with each segment out of joint, like a short caterpillar in motion, with the nose in the central segment out of joint with the rest of the features. the mouth out of alignment with the eyes. His is singularly the most asymmetrical face I've payed attention to in a long time. It's fascinating.

He is a big deal to a lot of people and this shows how accepting all those people are. 

Are we not told symmetrical faces are considered more appealing, more trustworthy, at least more trusted? 

This example runs counter to that. With Brian Williams, a lot of people trust an asymmetrical face.

Maybe they trust the soothing assuring knowing baritone intonations of the asymmetrical face. I do not know. 

When you consider all this misalignment he is not actually ugly, his features not so displaced that they're disqualifying for television. 

Did he get in a fight? 

I feel sorry for him being punched so hard his features were shifted. I did a few anims of government people I saw on t.v., showing them being punched really hard or smacked with a pan leaving their features rearranged and that is what I see in every single instance of Google images for Brian Williams, a fist come in from right and solidly punch symmetric Brian Williams leaving asymmetric Brian Williams behind to struggle through with a career in... what?... in television. I didn't even use the best example. 


2 comments:

ricpic said...

His grin is lopsided in that photo so it makes his face seem more irregular or asymmetric than it in fact is. For me the striking thing about Williams' face is its length. A long face atop a long body. For good or ill there's no denying that a long head on a long body is a big big advantage in getting to the top of almost every organization.

Hey, I'm short, of course it pisses me off!

I'm Full of Soup said...

He definitely had his nose broken [not that there is anything wrong with that - I have had mine broken too - twice, in fact, in the space of ten days]. But Williams probably has a great story or two about how he broke his nose.