Saturday, November 15, 2014

God Bless America!

It's not just me thinking it.

The town hall meeting in Westminster Massachusetts did not go according to plan.

Seventy speakers had signed up to talk about a proposed ban on sale of cigarettes (for the children! Think of the children!) but over two hundred citizens showed up to express their disapproval and crowding the small elementary school, quickly disrupting the meeting before even just four speakers could speak.

The three members of the town's board of health had to be led out under police protection. They felt. Having busted their move and taken notice of visible anger, naturally they felt threatened. These people are irrational. They're angry. At us! They are not even following proper protocol.

Andre Crete, control freak loser. Had it coming to her good and hard.

And let this be a lesson for you, healthcare person.

People still smoke?

Go figure.

One man stated my sentiments exactly but on another issue, about guns. I think this phrasing actually did have an impact on the reliably liberal acquaintance when I told him that personally guns scare me and I do not care for having them around, however, politicians busting moves on my Constitutionally protected rights to be a complete dummkopf and a danger to myself scare me and annoy even more. I think it might be a uniquely American attitude but possibly not. The Westminster citizen said the same thing about cigarettes.

Eww, gross. Smoke 'em if ya got 'em. Dummkopfs.

Eventually it all passes by the wayside, smoking does, without any need for anxious control freakish bans. Clear clean fresh air Utopia will arrive without you shoving it along.



I love this key frame ↑.

Look at it, Doesn't take much to hold him back. Stomach sticking out. Waving a tiny flag. Mad as h-e-double flag sticks. It makes me laugh.



This seven-second Vine is best. 

7 comments:

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

Some people never grow out of their rebellious adolescent phase.

That they are wholly oblivious to it and see the processes of self-governance as an oppressive parent-figure makes perfect sense.

And there is our word for the day: Reification.

Chip Ahoy said...

I have that word (on cards). Three times.

What a bummer, to look up a word three times.

Why does that happen?

Why such a dummkopf with specific words?

I notice by cards, real cards is where I noticed it, not electronic cards, it is the ugly unhappy words that do not make complete sense that fail to lodge instantly, whereas attractive happy words that do makes sense do lodge and incorporate immediately into everyday use. That is the pattern that holds in any language.

Reification is fallacious.

I usually remember those things.

Say, wanna come to my place and see my collection of hand-drawn Egyptian hieroglyphic index cards? I got thousands. (I do not understand why that failed so miserably as pickup line.)

rcocean said...

Its my party and I can smoke if I want, smoke if I want, smoke if I want to.

You'd smoke too, if he lived here too.

Synova said...

What is the message, really?

Am I smart enough to not-smoke without someone making that decision for me? Was I smart enough to not-smoke when I was a kid? Who smokes any more but old people who have nicotine addictions?

Lots of kids on campus smoking those e-cigarettes. Because they're trying to be hipsters or something.

No one hardly smoked at college when I went the first time 30 years ago. You could get plastered and falling down drunk every night and be welcome at parties... smoke? No.

Synova said...

By the time I enlisted in the Air Force they'd stopped allowing smoke-breaks during basic training. People who smoked were miserable (I suggest nicotine patches, hide them in your laundry bag) but previously all the non-smokers would say, wait... I want a moment to not get yelled at too... give me a cigarette and light me up.

Chip Ahoy said...

Synova, interesting.

My brother asked my dad why he started drinking. He answered the other guys on his crew would have called him a pussy for avoiding it.

That did not compute.

Methadras said...

Leftists cannot stand the light of day when their bullshit gets called out on. I hate cigarettes. I hate them. Detest them actually. But, I will never, ever stop anyone from smoking unless they blow it in my face deliberately. Then that's just basically me shoving your nose into the back of your skull.

Having said that, I believe these public forums are just a formality for 'hearing' the people before they take another one of their liberties and freedoms away.