Saturday, September 27, 2014

forest pop-up card

Four pages. Each page could be its own card. Why four pages? I do not know. It's ridiculous. It could be seen as obsessive, I guess. It's just showing off. Knock it off already.

The thing is you're sitting there going, "It could be this, or it could be that, or it could be this or that" and before you know it the whole room is a mess, not just the table, and there is pile of cut card stock and trials and failures and I throw out a dreadful lot of scraps but some of the pages in piles all around do end up getting mailed. That is honestly how most these happen, sometimes I think, "Okay, I don't want to waste this, who am I going to inflict this on?"

I kind of suspect they are received in the same spirit.

I was present at the party when this card was opened. (Had a lousy time and I mean it. I suddenly recall the whole thing at once, the before and after, suddenly the full range in terms of emotion all at once. The people who picked me up and who I expected to spend time with there ditched me. They were meeting my friends. I introduced them, boink, boink, boink,  then they disappeared. Looking back I realize they wanted to explore the place. An attractive townhouse. It is impressive, yes, I suppose, but Jeeze, did they have to disappear like that the whole time? I did catch up like three times on the first floor and they ditched me each time. Then outside another dude trapped me in conversation and went on about Bush about Republicans about resistance to his ideas of a glorious government. I think. I am so sick of that crap, Democrat activism everywhere palpably and all innocent parties become DNC functions. You're bringing me down, Man. When contradicted, conversation is shut right down because now you are being controversial and argumentative. He caused me to come way out of character and slip the knife between his ribs to watch him bleed. So, those two things overrode whatever else was nice about that party. Bartender, open bar, free dinner, smart people I've known for years, flowers all over, the place shinned up, most people eager to have a nice time. I couldn't get out of there soon enough. I pretty much broke things off with most everyone involved. The guy outside speaking unhappy politics is chief architect for the firm that renovated Red Rocks Amphitheater. You should see it, he did an amazing renovation and expansion up there. The whole place. I cannot even imagine better improvements that he brought to reality. I grew up climbing the outcroppings and having the park interfered with was troubling, but my friend improved it splendidly and in advanced refined taste. I said so. I told him his brilliance is seen in his conservation. He liked that. Conservation... conservative. I notice that in peoples' area of knowledge they are mostly conservative. Even clothing designers. Outrageous creative people are conservative in the things that they know. His architectural knowledge and superior comprehensive abilities shine through at Red Rocks. They had to dig into the place, expand under it and outward without disturbing what is there. And he did. He had to understand geology, archeology, manage government agencies and the rest. He shines. And then in other areas bum-rapingly stupid. I do not respect his political opinions, not one goddamn bit, given his fealty is sworn to a criminal enterprise. I can get as much from watching the Godfather. He's a made man. A kneepad-wearing partisan with splooge all over his bukaki face. And when I inquire about that sorely displaced loyalty it gets even more stupid.) I left at the first convenience.

They loved the card. Played with it the whole rest of the time.

But so. They liked my guacamole as well. Ate it until it was gone.












More photographs, links to construction pages, a lot more words.


5 comments:

The Dude said...

That is a stunning beauty, Chipster!

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

This tweeter found one in his mail box

Synova said...

More snakes. I like snakes. :)

Eric the Fruit Bat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric the Fruit Bat said...

I'm re-listening to those ecology lectures.

Just yesterday the guy was talking about the temperate deciduous forest biome.

He explained how a whole bunch of factors come together to flatten everything in the forest and how they pop-up in front of us whenever we're there.

So, bottom line is, it's meaningless to ask whether a tree falling makes a sound if there's no one to hear it because it's impossible for a tree to fall under those circumstances because it's flat same as everything else.