Tuesday, August 12, 2014

super moon

Fifteen very creative moon-related photographs, not all super moon, mostly silhouettes on wowthatscool.com. The sort of thing that makes you go, "Gee, I can do that too with my own little camera." The first time I looked the set was followed by another set of ten rare cloud formations that I found rather interesting too, but apparently they change their lineup over there at wowthatscool.

The picture below is not real. I made this in Photoshop. Much easier than finding just the right bull at just the right time and lining them up just so. 


Know what bums me out? The art that I pulled out of storage to stop paying storage fees revealed a favorite framed art poster is water damaged. They were moved to my new place in a light drizzling rain. Undoubtedly left outside the truck while movers went back and forth inside and out, carelessly minding framed things, and it stood there in storage unattended, unnoticed. Now it is unusable with an unsightly blotch. It is a poster from Santa Fe Opera, a remarkable place somewhat similar to Red Rocks except not a natural rock formation but no less extraordinary for its outdoor setting. We saw the Magic Flute there. That is the subject of the poster, not the usual Georgia O'Keeffe sexualized vaguely anthropomorphized flower blossom and I cannot find its exact replacement online, and boy, did I look. The subject on stage being magic was hopelessly upstaged by the electrical storm occurring at twilight in the distant background above the town. It was a memorable evening and I would like to have the poster for that year.

My second choice would be something Egyptian. Either art related, one of the exhibitions I went to, Ramses II or Tutankhamen and the age of the Pharaohs, or hieroglyphic, or something about the 18th Dynasty, but of all the posters I see, at this point, I believe I've seen them all, I honestly think I can do better myself. Like this right here. This bull and moon took only a minute. Whenever I see those posters I think that I can do better for myself, and I think I just proved it. This was easy as eating pie. I just might do that. Have this printed and insert it into the frame. 

Those poster people should offer me a job.  

So I can say, "No. You took too long asking." 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The cheese expands when CO2 reaches the moon and causes the sea of tranquility to rise.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I like that picture very much!

ricpic said...

Is Jamie Wyeth the contemporary Georgia O'Keefe?

The Dude said...

No, next question.

I really like the pictures of clouds. I take a lot of those myself, but due to the forested nature of my area, there are not many vistas.

But once in a while a nice cloud wanders by.

Chip Ahoy said...

That reminds me. A woman stepped into a beauty shop in Tyneside, NE Britain, Geordieville, and was seated in a beauticians chair. The beautician asked, "What cin we due fer ye today?" The woman asked, "Do you do perms?"

The beautician stepped back, set her finger to her mouth, removed it, and said, "Well et's see. Aye...

Eye wundered lernly es a clude. At flots on eye o'er vales n ills."

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

I've been listening to a lecture series about ecology. The guy's a university biologist, and he's talking about life on earth, and he started off by talking about the formation of the universe.

No, really.

The moon that orbits the earth is quite large compared to other moons and it's made from earth-stuff, maybe broken off by some super-ancient cosmic collision.

The point is: the force of the moon's gravitation pull. Tidal pools caused by the moon served as incubators for proteins. Laboratory experiments have reproduced the effect, apparently.

Fascinating stuff. Not to be confused with fascinating rhythm you've got me on the go, fascinating rhythm I'm all all quiver.

Where was I? Oh, yeah, Robin Williams left a lot of water damaged art behind.

It's not easy, living in the moment.