Saturday, June 28, 2014

Boy of Faiyum pop-up card

This card was prompted by the portrait I showed earlier. The portrait of the Roman boy living in Egypt at the artificial lake got me thinking, what would a Roman boy do for fun? The coffin portrait shows a gold laurel crown suggesting the boy was involved in sports. Beside that, what would a boy do who lived in a place like, say, Florida. A lot of things came to mind having to do with the delta and with water. This card is what arose from thinking about that. I have not spoken to the person since I mailed this card. I have no idea how the card was received.









A frog in the hand is worth two in the thicket.


Construction.







These are showing my careless approach.








Description with words.
Construction with words.

4 comments:

deborah said...

lol I fear your reaction if they don't get the joke. There are clues enough in the hieroglyphics :)

The Dude said...

This refers to that Irene Cara movie, Faiyum, right? Well, that's how it's pronounced around here!

Synova said...

I love the pop up cards.

rhhardin said...

Cavell goes into the magic of charmed frogs.