Monday, June 23, 2014

Awake in the Night Land

I heard a rumor this collection of novellas by John C. Wright was going to be FREE tomorrow...

It looks like something my husband would probably like.  Me? Maybe not so much.

"AWAKE IN THE NIGHT LAND is an epic collection of four of John C. Wright's brilliant forays into the dark fantasy world of William Hope Hodgson's 1912 novel, The Night Land. Part novel, part anthology, the book consists of four related novellas, "Awake in the Night", "The Cry of the Night-Hound", "Silence of the Night", and "The Last of All Suns", which collectively tell the haunting tale of the Last Redoubt of Man and the end of the human race."


UPDATE:  That information is wrong... the FREE book is only the first novella in that collection.

3 comments:

Mumpsimus said...

I tried, long ago, to read the Hodgson book, and just couldn't. I've never read John C. Wright, but if he's "the sixth-greatest living science fiction writer," perhaps I should reconsider.

deborah said...

Synova, have you or your husband read The Name of the Wind series by Rothfuss? I'm not normally a magical/fantasy fan, but I read the first two because of my nephew's recommendation. They're very good. More sophisticated than Harry Potter, the relationships are more realistic and complex, and the magic is based on 'science' and well done. The third novel is over two years late, but apparently a novella will be released this fall.

Synova said...

I've never tried anything by Rothfuss but apparently he's the bees knees. He's been on my "I ought to check that out" list for a while, so with your recommendation maybe I'll give it a go. :)