Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Crocodile Tears



Little Hurricane, a San Diago group of two members, Anthony Catalano and Celeste Spina. 

This is a touching song about a trusting and adoring woman in love with a gentleman who is flat not having it presented in call-response form. Lyrics provided so you can sing along first go. 
I’ll blow you a kiss from across the room. I’ll let it miss so you don’t assume. Please tell me that you want me, you need me. Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe me. I have no one to call me baby. Sure is sad no one calls you lately. I try to run but I don’t know how to get there. Keep on running you’re going nowhere. 
You fear the sunrise, you can dry your eyes, your crocodile tears 
I just need a man who will stay. You can save it for a rainy day. Won’t you help me get my life on track?. I’d oblige but you stabbed me in back. Ride with me I’m headed south. I cant believe a single word from your mouth. You and me are like biscuits and gravy. Now I know that you’re crazy. 
You fear the sunrise, you can dry your eyes, your crocodile tears. 
Can’t believe a word you say, you can save it for a rainy day. Had to tell you not once, but twice. You need to take your own advice.

2 comments:

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

I like the song.

Chip Ahoy said...

Me too. I signed the song to myself because it is irresistible. It works well. Short and sweet. I checked to see if I'm doing crocodile right. It is not a word one sees every day. And the way I do it takes two hands and is rather clumsy and incredibly graphic because both arms extend outward fully from the body unusually ineloquent and not at all subtile.

My way does match all others in the US, but I notice that most other countries do not seem to appreciate alligator and crocodile viciousness and hazard. They do it cutely Type "crocodile" and see Europeans do not see crocodile teeth. Ha ha ha Their crocodiles are harmless.

I think that's funny.

"Crocodile tears" a long time ago Jeffery showed me a great way to say "big tears" or "really sad" It is a hooked index finger at the tip of the eye dragged downward as a tear tracing a line on the cheek while shifting the lower jaw back and forth as children sometimes do. It is an amusing way to say "crying dramatically"

Actually, I do adopt a lot of their words and replace my way with theirs. It happens automatically. Sometimes their way is much better.

For instance, yesterday I changed my lifelong way of saying the word "fragile." Our way is ineloquently childish "easy" + "break," or "easily broken," Their way across the board is two-handed "poof" Italy has the best example, and I like that a lot. So from hereon out, two-handed "poof" it will be for the word "fragile."