Sunday, April 6, 2014

Jeopardy! joke.

I saw this in comments at Hot Air o a post that references another uncomfortable Jeopardy! moment.



Stop it at .10 and agree with me. Trebek says, "no" the contestant breaks into huge smile and cannot stop. He gives away 200.00 for a joke. Look at the scores. He knew in advance his answer is wrong but the joke is too good to pass up and game-wise there is little to lose, or $200 is worth it.

Then the thing that kills me, although it's been dumbed down during Trebek's term, the game that follows this on t.v., Wheel of Fortune awards 10X as much for 10X less intelligence needed to play. Wheel of Fortune, the game where contestants work out solves puzzling as: 

A ST_TCH  _N T_ME SAVES N_NE

And everybody claps like seals. 

If you are there, then you clap with the back of your hands whenever someone buys a vowel. 

It is a very special place where everyone has perfect marriages to beautiful women with just so many beautiful children. Their contestants are positively pristine. Just once, please, just once, a contest who runs counter to custom.
"I have an ugly fat wife who's getting uglier and fatter each day and three horrible monstrous children that drive me insane and that I'm not even sure are mine, and one is this close -->| |<-- to being kicked out of the house. Another does drugs. The third is just like her mother."
"That's different. You'll probably want to get started spinning this wheel."  

13 comments:

sakredkow said...

Now that was funny.

deborah said...

C I T N A I O R A N N

ricpic said...

___ ___ _ ____ ___L___ _____ ____

A contestant on Wheel solved this seven word phrase with only the letter L revealed. It was big news at the time.

I've got a good feeling about this

deborah said...

Nick, what was the category? Are there nine spaces?

Synova said...

What... the answer was rake?

How is "hoe" not the right answer?

LOL!

JAL said...

cynic.

And Wheel of Fortune comes before Jeopardy in the east.

The guy who got

NE_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

in the first seconds of his 10 seconds last month was something else.

JAL said...

NEW BABY BUGGY

JAL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JAL said...

Won't let me space it correctly.

NE __

__ __ __ __

__ __ __ __ __

Chip Ahoy said...

Okay, I'm wrong. Those are all very good solves. They have another clue, right?

Jeopardy! always gives two clues, always at least two ways to get at something, like crosswords.

I'm still waiting for a miserable contestant in the midst of divorce with kids in detention.

Known Unknown said...

I made this t-shirt for how I feel about Wheel of Fortune.

Synova said...

Hehe... EMD. Nice.

deborah said...

Excellent, EMD :) Is that your company, or did you commission it?