Friday, March 28, 2014

salmon



The amazing fish they tell you about in school, you go out and snag them before they embark upon their ordeal that wears them out and kills them. 

Were you expecting a video that shows salmon swimming upstream and gathering in a shallow pebbly clear pool and spawning there, as if performing a religious ritual with ineluctable consequences but that brings forth new life? 

Nah. You can ship your catch home. It's all set up. They anticipate the need and provide service to clean and vacuum package the fish and ship it to your home fast in coolers so you don't have to deal with all that.

This is my ideal excursion. My younger brother and younger sister already went fishing in Oregon, already lived the dream, and that is not fair because this is my ideal excursion, not theirs. 

7 comments:

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

The silent l of salmon... was that wise?

deborah said...

It's not because you read this as a kid, is it?

Henry and Ribsy

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

@Deb... Try pronouncing the L in Salmon and ask yourself if it's wise.

deborah said...

I'm not getting your meaning, Lem. Salman Rushdie?

Known Unknown said...

I've never been able to get into salmon. I consider it one of my greatest failures.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

What I was trying doesn't work because Solomon starts with So not with Sa.

By pronouncing the L I meant to get you to say Solomon... crack wise. get it?

It works in Spanish. Not English. That gets me every time.

deborah said...

OIC. How do you say salmon :)

EMD I love salmon, especially smoked.