Wednesday, February 19, 2014

meerkat pop-up card

This is a six-page pop-up card I made for my younger brother and his new wife to celebrate their wedding.





























It is a heartwarming tale of meerkat suffering and forbearance. It tells the story of meerkat defenses and ultimately the triumph of meerkat-spirit. 

* Meerkat cover
* Meerkat
* Meerkat group with raptor in distance
* Intimate Meerkat mum and pup
* Meerkat lookouts call in air strike
* Meerkat ground to air defense take out raptor
* Meerkat Thanksgiving

Basically, it is a lot of drawings of Meerkats doing unlikely things.

My brother told me he and his wife have more fun with this card. He reported they take it with them to restaurants to show their friends when celebrating their anniversary, in a bag along with the cards for birthdays and other things. He told me they have the best time showing off their card collection and passing them around.

This is the card where his wife told him she thinks I am genius. James said he thought in that moment, "Boy, does Chip ever have her fooled"  because he knows too many of the idiotic things that happened for that assessment but he let it pass.

6 comments:

deborah said...

Frigging raptor.

Shouting Thomas said...

That's pretty cool.

Amazing that meerkats have taken root in our consciousness.

National Geo makes great TV.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Congratulations Chip, on the new addition, sister in law, to your family.

Brothers and sisters in law are a little frightening to me... I hope this is not the case with you.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Nice popup card btw.

deborah said...

The field glasses and rocket launcher kill me.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

That is one of your best. I like it very much.