Friday, February 28, 2014

KLEM FM

Overheard:
I'm a'feared you had to be there, April. But one of these days I'll have to see if I recognize anything from the seventies. Or Music Wiz Guy could just post them for me :) link
This is another one-hit-wonder from the early 1970's. There are several YouTube versions of "Troglodyte (Cave Man)," but I thought I'd pay homage to its creator, James Walter "Jimmy" Castor. Sadly, he passed away in 2012.


If I recall correctly, there was a brief public interest in all things troglodyte around that time, perhaps stimulated by Joan Crawford's final movie, Trog.

5 comments:

bagoh20 said...

Sock it to me??

The Dude said...

Stay funky!

chickelit said...

You bet your sweet bippy!

deborah said...

I recall a different version, but only really remember, 'Her name was Bertha. Bertha Butt. She was one of the Butt sisters.' lol thanks for educating me.

(You probably understand this, but I was asking for a Roxy music hit from the Seventies that a radio-listening teen might have heard and remembered.)

bagoh20 said...

I love this Tim Conway joke. It takes some sophistication to get it though.

The settling of the Americas