Thursday, January 30, 2014

Michael Grimm

Earlier I thought Michael Grimm Republican representative for New York was Democrat. Assumed it by the place and by the description, and was wrong about that. This brutish behavior is the first that I know of him although I see I should have known him earlier than this. I wanted to see what he looks like and notice there is a another person with the same name.

Another Michael Grimm whose public behavior is not brutish, not psychotic (break you in two and throw you over the balcony, not that). The opposite of that. Tender, sympathetic, human, soulful.


I am cynically turned off by the hardship story. Character flaw. Anti-empathy response. Then he mentioned Katrina, and I'm all, "Please." Then, at the third video he said Katrina again and I have that same cynical anti-empathy response but he add, "That was the house I grew up in. Gone." 

Pow. Got me. Right in the solar plexus. 

That got me. How well I relate. Turn around and the whole thing is gone.

He did win the season. The award was one million dollars. Part of that did go to building his grandparent's a new house. It all worked out brilliantly. I found his story compelling. 



4 comments:

Michael Haz said...

I enjoyed his brothers' fairy tales.

bagoh20 said...

If I find him and eat his lungs, will I be able to sing like that, because it would be totally worth it. I could sing in my cell like a bluesy angel, and all the guys would want me.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

The guy is a Michael Bolton without the long hair.

Scary... in a 'blue-eye soul' kind of way.

OMG. Is Crack taking over this blog?


Eric the Fruit Bat said...

Some people claim that Walt Disney screwed up a lot of little kids' minds but I never thought that fairies actually have tails and I probably have Tinker Bell to thank for that.