Monday, January 27, 2014

Max, agent, make me reach. Thanks a lot.



I am told Li Na's speech is brilliant, that it is hilarious. Universally, her fans find this speech hilarious. They love her already and this speech makes them love her more. 

Why? It is charming. Yes. I do like a lot how she first acknowledges her opponent. That is touching. It does not seem remarkable to me. Is there something about tennis I'm missing? Are tennis victory speeches known for being boring insincere and unhumorous and stayed? Why do the comments wherever this is posted say this is hilarious? 

7 comments:

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

"Also, you are so lucky to find me."

Chip Ahoy said...

Does she say, "I make him famous in China" or what? He, him famous in China, I cannot make it out. I listened to her five times and she gets more charming each time. I think I'm starting to get it. The tennis world must be somewhat unexciting. Or is it we are supposed to be unaccustomed to seeing communist Chinese having personalities?

MamaM said...

Hilarious? No. Engaging? Yes!

What I see showing up again is spirit. The same quality the little girl in the St Nick signing video revealed with her whole body, and the five year old in the redone art scenes expressed in an a limited setting through her eyes.

The Dude said...

I don't think one could play tennis wearing a corset, but perhaps one could be staid and still play.

Perhaps our resident tennis-sean could speak to that.

deborah said...

I think it's 'Max, agent, thanks for making me rich.'

She meant her husband left his own fame in China behind, and now pours her drinks and changes the records(?)

MamaM said...

What she meant would be anyone's guess.

What I heard sounded like thankfulness infused with joy, in publicly shared words.

Amartel said...

Wynn Duffy bait.