Tuesday, January 7, 2014

freaking out your pets

Speaking of...

Since that bubble blowing, spritzing incident very early on, every dog in our house, every dog I owned or owned me, thought I was magic. It goes with the territory, they all get spritzed in the face and stand there in awe at my palpable powers.

Dogs are amazed you can throw things too. From a dog's pov that is an impressive super ability. That is why some of them want you to keep doing it over and over.

Cats too. Today would have been a great day for a cat. Today would have blown their mind.

Fish too. I stick the end of the hose and flick it back and forth through the hair-grass where darker Thai moss grows in tight among the tiny blades and comes up as a dark green clump. The fish think the hose is doing the flicking, not me. They can see me sitting there innocently. My hand ushers them to the other side, and they're grateful for my custodianship. You can tell, it comes across.  The moss clump moving through the hose looks like a mouse. Snails too. It is a snail massacre with the hose, they end up in the toilet bowl. They climb up the sides in there. A teaspoon of bleach and they all slide down into a little pile at the bottom ))) flush ((( .

This would have been fun to mess with a dog or a cat.






4 comments:

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

A stuffed piraƱa really freaks out fish in a tank if you bring it up to the glass.

JAL said...

Evi deserves her name, me thinks.

JAL said...

Fish have feelings too, you know.

deborah said...

A true snailitarian would put his snails in the freezer.