Saturday, January 11, 2014

"Arbitrator’s Ruling Banishes the Yankees’ Alex Rodriguez for a Season"

They may be hoping they get an Alex Rodriguez fan, but even then, I’d be surprised if any state court judge would hear his case,” said Steven G. Eckhaus, an employment law expert with the law firm Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft.
Selig suspended Rodriguez last August, citing his “use and possession of numerous forms of prohibited, performance-enhancing substances” over many years. Rodriguez, who admitted to using performance enhancers over a decade ago, when playing for the Texas Rangers, has denied using such drugs since then.
"The way the law works he might play the whole season." Says Yankee fan, Trooper York.

I believe Alex's best argument, in his own defense, that he has never tested positive for PEDs, has been completely undermined by the world's best known PED violator extraordinaire and all around pathological liar, Lance Armstrong. The idea that Alex Rodrigues may not have tested positive for PED's just doesn't carry any weight any more.

9 comments:

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

It looks like the Pats have their first playoff game in the bag.

Birches said...

Arod's going the Lance Armstrong route with threatening to take this to Federal court. Bloviate long enough and people will believe you because they don't think that anyone would go to such great lengths to keep a lie alive. You're right though, that tactic has been exposed, so I don't see how anyone could believe he's clean.

Birches said...

Man, I hope the Broncos lose tomorrow.

Birches said...

If not, I'll be forced to root for the Patriots next week.

deborah said...

Since the Eagles lost, I don't really care. If the Saints were still in it, though, I would have gone for them 'cause I like Brees.

I'm Full of Soup said...

I was surprised how well the Patriot defense played yesterday. I didn't think their defense was good enough to get them to the Super Bowl again. Now they only have one more game to go. I was wrong again.

Trooper York said...

I hope A-Rod loses his appeal before the season begins. Otherwise he will start the season and screw up the Yankees chances with the circus atmosphere.

I think there is a good chance if he loses the appeal and is suspended then the Yankees will pay off the rest of his contract just to get rid of him. It is a lot of money but would be well worth it.

Birches said...

@ AJ

The Patriots always look good, but I don't think they have what it takes to win it all again. Belichick has been out Belichicked in every Superbowl since 2004.

I'm not so sure A-rod will lose his appeal. But the Yankees should pay to make him go away. The Yankees shouldn't be bailed out for their stupidity in making that contract.

Trooper York said...

The Patriots are losers. They will go down again just as they have the past few years. It is all over for them.

Time for a change.