Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Duck Dynasty shoe project

I want these shoes with springs in them. They look stupid. But so do yours. Everybody's shoes look stupid to me. So, stupid as these look they will not stick out. In fact, they're camouflaged.


Boing,  boing, boing, like a kangaroo already, I'm starting to feel it over here by this picture. You can see how it will soften the impact on the heel and return the energy propelling you forward. I want to try that.


I know. That's the bad part. 

The good part is they're only $100.00 to pre-order. The project has already raised $400,000.00 which apparently is 409%, well, off to a good start then, and they're cheaper if you pre-order more than one pair. The project funding ends 11/18, I would imagine with excess funding they've already begun. 

I like these Duck Dynasty because I noticed them first, but the spring idea is not new. Apparently web browsers were presenting ads for shoes with WaveSpring by Spira built inside the heels. They all look like this with different logos, a leaned over McDonald's arches, a cartoon sperm. They're all the same thing and more expensive than these. 

I do not like this kind of synthetic shoe at all, but I'm willing to wear them for a few hours to bounce around. Who knows? 

I might change my whole attitude.

Out shopping a while ago a small child glided right past me on wheels, his shoes were fitted with rollerblades, ordinary shoes with the blades built in. He was having a great time on the smooth floors, staying out of trouble under his father's watchful eye, the whole thing a touching family father-son outing. He was moving faster than everyone else around him, in his own time phase like a Star Trek episode, out of sequence with everybody else, whizzing past moving at greater speed, 

"Hey no fair! I want to do that too!"

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha," as he smoothly sails down the aisle. Nothing beats getting one over adults. 

When I was his age I could not understand why everybody did not travel on rollerblades. They're brilliant. For a while I didn't want to take them off. I still think that. Impractical for everyday use, yes, I realize that now, but I didn't then, and it does make perfect sense to children, the impracticality of them on steps and stones and carpets and such more a challenge than a bother.

When I see people wear rollerblades at work like in warehouses and the places where waitresses wear them, except for carrying things, they make sense. 

I believe these spring type shoes would make you want to get out and walk your dog longer than usual. I'm willing to give them a try just to see. For the fun of it. 

11 comments:

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

Perhaps the minimalist running shoe has run its course.

Anyway, I'm old enough to remember when Earth shoes first came out and the old ladies who had worn high heels all their lives started tearing their Achilles tendons.

That's natural, baby!

Chip Ahoy said...

They should have transitioned to flats.

deborah said...

I reserve judgement, but is it possible these cause damage to the feet, rather than aiding the feet?

I like the top left pair.

The Dude said...

Not if you don't wear them.

Chip Ahoy said...

On Amazon, a similar woman's shoe receives 37 reviews, all very good except 2. The bad reviews say:

* They are comfortable walking, but after less than 20 minutes of running in them I developed a horrible searing pain in my left heel of the sort you associated with plantar fasciitis. The shoes feel somewhat like they collapse to the inside and they flex more than the Saucony Ride's that I was hoping to retire. I'm not sure what the exact problem is--maybe the mechanism is not adequate for the type of forces generated at running speeds by a 185-lb person.

* These are the worst shoes I've purchased in recent history. The springs seem to put tons of unequal pressure on my heel as I step. They seem to aggravate my heel pain in ways I would not have thought possible. For people without heel pain, these shoes may be very helpful. If you have heel pain, however, I would strongly caution you against these shoes.

oops, three.

* I ordered a size 8W and besides being a bit tight, my toe hit the edge & if the shoes are sized well, I should only need a 7 1/2 Wide. So even ordering a bit large, it was too short.

There you go.

22 people like them real well.

These are the people I like. They're all over the place. They love them for every reason imaginable. They fix things that hurt. They buy them repeatedly.

huh

*thank you thank you this is heaven
*only shoes I can walk a mile in

a mile, bummer

*wear them all day
*Amazon rocks
*most comfortable in 15 years
*good support bad knees
*help with dog agility training
*hill
*miracle
*4-6 miles every day
*helped with sore aching feet
*amazing
*lightweight
*cool,

Okay, they go on and on. Everyone loves them, a few cannot handle them. That's Amazon reviews for you.

Palladian said...

Is Duck Dynasty a TV show or just a huge product placement concern, like Hello Kitty?

deborah said...

I've never watched it...not my cup of tay.

:) Sixty.

Michael Haz said...

Those springs should make hopping through the TSA checkpoints a breeze.

I thought Duck Dynasty was a show for Hillbillies. I watched one episode and became hooked. Camo is the new grunge.

Titus said...

The would be hotter if they were "Zach Posen for Duck Dyasty" shoes.

Freeman Hunt said...

About ten years ago I saw a woman at the health food store wearing shoes with exposed springs a couple inches tall in the sole. They looked fun.

Freeman Hunt said...

After bouncing around the Internet, I think the shoes I saw years ago were Z-Coil shoes.