Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Africa

In Google Earth I was floating above the roads opposite the horn, where the bulge of the continent tucks in, where the desert meets the green part, checking out photographs all around that area, a little corner of countries, and I came across the most remarkable photograph of a man moving cattle through a red dusty village and the line of cattle looked precisely like antique Egyptian scene that, honestly, I do not know why I failed to take a screenshot right there, but I didn't and now I cannot find it. I looked all over that place again. I've seen all these photographs now about six times criss-crossing the area looking for the original. People actually go there, take photos of the place and peg them. I find that amazing. This area of Africa. The cattle look like this. ( 20 shots compressed to two)



8 comments:

edutcher said...

You missed the naked lady?

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

Nice place to visit.

Calypso Facto said...

What's Grace Jones doing there?

WWIII Joe Biden, Husk-Puppet + America's Putin said...

Wonderful photos.

bagoh20 said...

Those are some great shots. Oh yea, nice ass too.

deborah said...

Beautiful photos. The naked lady beats National Geographic all to hell.

What insect made those tree nests?

Amartel said...

I love doing this, using Google maps to be a virtual tourist. Google street map doesn't exist in Africa, or at least it didn't last I checked. But the photos are fun. Sometimes they disappear or are replaced by other photos. Check out the coast of Namibia.

rcocean said...

Chip - you need to visit. Reality is 10X times better than the pictures.

Can be a little dangerous though.