Friday, August 2, 2013

the birds, twitter

There is so much to grab in the twitterverse, people are talking about everything, so much to read, and so much interest in politics. But now that you brought it up, speaking of twitter, b3ta weekly challenge is "Hitchcock" and there are quite a lot of entries over there on the message board relating to the Birds.

By monkeon, a favorite there on b3ta, often front paged, incredibly funny person,  I do not doubt the intelligence of telling the punchline first. Knowing what is going on forces you to focus on the punchline

bloodroot animated GIF

6 comments:

edutcher said...

Very droll, even Alf would laugh.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

(1) I used to work with someone who was terrified of birds.

And when I say terrified, I mean like you couldn't mention birds in her presence without her freaking out.

And when I say birds, I mean like goldfinches and cardinals and little birds like that.

Her parents were from Korea. She might have been born in this country although I never asked.

(2) It seems that Asian people are unaccountably frightened by dogs. I take my 22 lb. dog for a walk and Asian people are cowering, diving into the shrubbery left and right. Never, never, has an Asian person remarked how pretty she is, or come up to pet her, like so many other people do.

(3) On my daily commute I drive through neighborhoods populated mostly by lower income blacks but there are some whites.

There are many, many, many pit bulls, and quite a few pit bull breeeding experiments but almost no other variety of dog.

It might have something to do with keeping out the Asians, it has occurred to me.

Dust Bunny Queen said...

OK This made me laugh out loud.

:-D

Dante said...

Hitchcock's women are always fine.

Darcy said...

Yeah, she was so beautiful in this. I don't even remember what anyone else (except Suzanne Pleshette) looks like in this movie.

Where did I read that all eyes are on the female stars in movies? It's true.

p.s. I'm glad that we use way less, if any at all, hairspray now. Ick.

To topic: This was funny. :)

Synova said...

I should probably say that I've been chuckling over this all day.