Friday, August 2, 2013

Candelabra


What an odd word to come across. How would I say that? I'd simply show it. How do you show it? So I look.

I could not snag the filename right off because I cannot spell candelabra, and the reason I cannot spell candelabra is because the guy is showing a candle right there on the bottom of his stack of signs. 

The man shows quite clearly a burning candle, then on top of that a bowl, and I must say the bowl shape is formed so graphically that you simply cannot miss it, placed on top of the candle, and when that bowl forms in the air the sound forms in the mind of the viewer "neb" and the concept of "lord" because that is so common and it appears utterly appropriate there, and then an array of candles atop the rim of the bowl, that look for a moment like a row of painted egyptian figures, his fingers sticking up and showing a row of moving digits, three signs big as all sh… very clear signs and they they are formed exactly like hieroglyphics are formed in a vertical register, and I mean exactly. He says, "candle" then "bowl" then "array of candles"  and when finished the formation looks for all the world like a chandelier suspended in space. 

It is a matter of opi onion, for candelabra I'd go, "post" and "candle" on top of that. My candelabras are single posts, his are more glorious and contain a splendid array of candles. It is a difference in attitude about candelabras. 

But I want to add, this man, I do not know who he is, looks very authentic to me. His style is precisely what I see at large. He looks deaf to me. And he was a bit tricky for me at first because he is dark, his clothes are always dark too, and his fingertips pink, it makes pink dots flash around in darkness a bit more than usual, but the video shows very well what I see in real life. 


8 comments:

edutcher said...

You'd think a candelabra would be a support garment.

rhhardin said...

Candles see the good in people, like candid used to mean.

"I would not wish to be hasty in censuring any one ; but I always speak what I think."

"I know you do ; and it is that which makes me wonder. With your good sense, to be so honestly blind to the follies and nonsense of others! Affectation of candour is common enough - one meets it everywhere. But to be candid without affectation or design - to take the good of everyone's character and make it still better, and say nothing of the bad - belongs to you alone."

This sense was ruined by candidate, probably.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lem the artificially intelligent said...

"This sense was ruined by candidate, probably."

ndspinelli said...

With all of the posts by Chip Ahoy, and knowing he loves to cook, I got to get your recipe for crystal meth!

Methadras said...

Whenever I hear or see that word I think of the haunted house in Disneyland.

Trooper York said...

Chip whatever you do....don't go behind the candelabra. Just sayn'

Methadras said...

Trooper York said...

Chip whatever you do....don't go behind the candelabra. Just sayn'


While carrying it on the other side of brokeback mountain.