Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sad YouTube


Oh,  I get it.  Sad YouTube. Poignant personal statements gleamed from otherwise dreadful YouTube comments to music videos. Plus the video they're responding to.

They picked out good ones. But I like this one better: A person said, "I thought I was the only one who did that." They are responding to a previous comment that has since moved to the top,

"I often listen to the smiths on the bus (aand everywhere and all the time but anyway) and I just love to look out of the window, stare at the people looking out of the window, feeling like I'm in a music video.



10 comments:

KCFleming said...

I used to think I was like the protagonist in Lynda Barry's work from the comic strip, Ernie Pook's Comeek, where she would proclaim, I weep for the world, I weep for thee.

And then I discovered I wasn't so sensitive after all. That lots of people were waaaay more sensitive than I was; way more. Like too much, man.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Very close to home.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I remember someons saying "We have met the enemy... and he is us..."

I have listened to the Smiths and gotten all morose. That's when I switch to Madness.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

I've tried writing. Two days later I'd go visit it and say, Jesus Christ, who wrote this crap?

Dennis Farina

KCFleming said...

Madness!

One step beyooooond!

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

"Who knows where the time goes - Fairport Convention."

Chip you Evil genius.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Once there was going to be a move. For a day or two, all the comments were off line.
I was relieved. I thought good riddance.
Not for long.
They all came back and the move was called off.

Icepick said...

I often listen to the smiths on the bus....

Well that's two mistakes right there....

Basta! said...

My brother and I used to sit on the back porch, listening to the Smiths and Morrissey solo, and we'd drink and drink and croooon along, and then laugh and laugh.

You're the One for me, Fatty
You're the One I really really (really really really) love

IMo the best song for a bus ride is Iggy's The Passenger

yashu said...

IMo the best song for a bus ride is Iggy's The Passenger

Yes!